The Mission Continues is a national organization that connects veterans with under-resourced communities in order to develop them as community leaders. We empower veterans to continue their service and give communities access to veteran talent, skills and preparedness to generate visible impact. Founded in 2007, The Mission Continues is grounded in the belief that veterans have an unwavering desire to continue serving their country, even if they can no longer do so in the military.
The Mission Continues is seeking a dynamic and results-oriented fundraising professional to join our growing development team. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Director, Individual Giving will be responsible for expanding the individual giving program from annual gifts, major gifts, planned and principal donors.
The Director, Individual Giving will expand our annual giving and major gifts program program to acquire new donors, retain and grow existing donors and renew lapsed donors. The ideal candidate is an innovative, entrepreneurial development professional with a demonstrated record of success in building and sustaining growth and expanding mission awareness from individual donors.
As a member of the development leadership team, this person will excel at collaborating with colleagues, frontline fundraising and developing and implementing strategy. The fundraising goal for 2021 is approximately $11.5 million. The revenue is currently made up of corporate, foundation and individuals with a high percentage coming from institutional. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to collaborate with the development and the external affairs teams to build a robust individual giving program.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create and manage major gift solicitation strategy, annual giving strategy and peer-to-peer fundraising initiatives.
- Create long-term planned and principal giving strategies and plans.
- Manage the research, strategy, and reporting process to enhance stewardship and personalized relationship building with all levels of individual donors.
- Support and reinforce organization-wide relationship management model.
- Contribute to board development strategy.
- Create, cultivate and steward a portfolio of individual major donors.
- Contribute to growing a culture of philanthropy that is respectful, ethical, and transparent with donors and colleagues and also meets the organization’s fundraising needs.
- Mentor, develop and supervise Manager, Individual Giving.
- Collaborate with the external affairs team on digital and direct marketing strategy.
- Collaborate with the program team on local/regional individual donor strategy.
- Enfuse organization’s equity, diversity and inclusion plan into individual giving strategy.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Fundraising professional with 5-7 years of progressive individual and annual giving experience.
- A self-starter who can build and execute strategy with significant autonomy, good judgment, creativity and a focus on meaningful results.
- Ability to serve as a team player and strong individual contributor.
- Ability to work and perform on a virtual team.
- Must be flexible and able to work some evenings and weekends
- Military service is a plus
- Familitary with Salesforce
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS (Outside of global pandemic)
Must have the ability to travel to multiple cities throughout the United States depending on portfolio, approximately 6 times per year for 1-2 number of days per week (25% travel). Multi-day and/or weekend travel will be required on program event dates, which occurs on weekends 1-4 times a year.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. If you require a reasonable accommodation in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Caitlin Zbikowski, Manager of Talent Acquisition & Onboarding at email@example.com.
Compensation is competitive and is commensurate with experience. The Mission Continues offers exceptional medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability benefits for all full-time team members. In addition to these benefits, full-time staff members will have the opportunity to work from home once a week and you are 100% vested after your first year. All successful candidates for this position will be required to submit to a criminal background check.
To APPLY, please copy and paste this url link into your web page:
Additional Salary Information: Will be discussed in the application and first interview stage.
About The Mission Continues
At The Mission Continues, we empower veterans to continue their service and empower communities with veteran talent, skills and preparedness to generate visible impact. We’re investing in veterans, equipping them with the tools and resources to lead a growing veteran volunteer movement. Through networks, training, and pathways, veterans can continue to serve while creating meaningful impact in under-resourced communities.